6.16.2012

PRIDE

this is THE month, OUR month, MY month.  pride is upon us.

with each passing day since the beginning of june, i have found myself becoming more and more excited; giddy if you will.  having the love and support of my friends and family year round is a wonderful and fortunate thing.  however, to see so many people, strangers, giving the same love and support, even if it might only be during one month out of the year, is amazing to me.  

i am quite fortunate this year to really participate in portland's pride celebration.  walking in the parade with friends, and my "chosen" family.  this i cannot wait for.  it will not come soon enough, and will end so very quickly.  i must remember to put this experience into my long term memory bank; walking down the route, hand in hand, with my "chosen" family, seeing the crowd on the sideline cheering.

how can one not be excited for that?

i am a proud, out lesbian.  always have been, and always will...

No comments:

Post a Comment